Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Elder Ben Doggett's letter number 2


Another week gone it is crazy how fast the time flys by when you are in the service of your beloved Heavenly Father. I hope all is well back home for you family and friends. This week so much as happened I dont know where to begin. There was a devotional it seemed like everynight which was an amazing treat we even had the chance to hear from an apostle of the lord. Quetin L. Cook, I had the oppurtunity to shake hands with him and he thanked me for my service. I felt the spirit of God burn inside me. It was so powerful to hear those words. I know this is where i am suppose to be. He also gave us some wonderful advice as missionaries and what we need to srtive for. He also gave us some amazing blessings. To many to write down in one email and time doesnt permit but in some of my letters i sent home I explained some more in details cause they were truely amazing
The mission is going great. Launguage still stinkin tough but after taking it one week at a time and seeing how I have progressed from just week to week I can definatly see a difference. I can read it and understand it for the most part if they speak slow, but once you get on the streets that doesnt happen. Just the other day I was wondering about the city with my companion looking for a paper store so I could get some supplies. I soon found it and got the necessary items to purchase. When I went up to the counter the nice lady rang me and up. I handed her the money and she looked at the money and then back to me and started to say some things in porteguese... I sat there with a blank look on my face, just imagine Kirby Heyborne from the best two years and yeah, thats exactly what I looked like. I was so embarassed, but hey you never learn if you dont make mistakes!
Im learning so much about myself and the Gospel. I love it with every fiber in my being. It is the true church without a doubt. Dad I have to say thank you for the letter. It meant so much and you words of advice. Keep the letters coming they are truely like glod out here as Jordan said! To answer some questions my companion and I are doing much better this week. We just put our trust in the lord and worked things out through the spirit. Its amazing how the lord can work miracles in the most simplest of things. Im glad to also hear you all are doing great back home. I cant believe how hot it is in Rexburg. Its just about as hot as it is here right now (ITs going into Brazils winter to things are cooling down at least thats what they say I havent seen a difference haha) In our residence we have alot of Elders staying in our room so it can get a little stuffy in the room so we decided to open up our window but that didnt help either since the Brazilians love to light off fireworks in the middle of the night. Its so funny. All us Elders got a huge laugh out of that. Also just the other night we showed all the Elders how to make ninja masks out of the shirts... bad Idea cause now our district is know for the NINJAS!!!! haha the Brazilians love it! 
Im enjoying this mission so much. At times I miss you all so much but I know that this is where I need to be. In just the month I have been out I feel so close to my savior and feel like a totally new person alredy( oh, and yes I have lost some weight I  will have to send pictures and I think I might have even got in taller hah) but really I am learning so much and become so close to my savior. I pray so much nowadays and ever single time I do I feel the saviors love wrap around me, its amazing to have to spirit with you 24 7. I love it! I love you all so much and wish I could tell you all more and share the amazing stories and experiences here in Brazil but dont worry all in due time you will hear it all. Again I love you all so much and cant wait to hear from you all soon. It means so much to hear from you all... This church is true and god does live. I know it to be true with everything inside of me. God be with you all till we meet again
 
sincerly ELDER BENJAMIN B. DOGGETT   

No comments:

Post a Comment