Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Ben #44 Pray Com Fe


Thank you family and friends for your wonderful emails and inspirational comments this week. I heard from so many family members and friends this week. I cant tell you all how much I love you and miss you dearly but at the same moment feel so close to everyone of you. I am so grateful unto my loving father in heaven who blessed me with the life and family I had before my mission there in good old Rexburg idaho. I cant believe the time has flown by so fast. Matt and I are coiming on our 20th birthday... I dont believe that to be honest. haha but its crazy to see the time pass by. I just want my family and friends to know back home how much this boy here in Brasil loves everyone of your emails and I read them over and over. Please forgive me if I cant respond personally to some of the emails. My mission has been a little crazy lately with opening a new area and actually, as some of you probably already know, there is many new missions opening around the world and 5 here in Brasil. Last week we had interviews with Presidente Perrotti and he told all us missionaries that missão Campinas has been divided in half. Some with stay in Missão Campinas and others will go to Missão Piracicaba. Presidente told us not to worry about the changes because wherever we serve is exactly where the Lord wants us to be. We just have to remember our purpose and continue serving with all our heart. WHen Presidente Perrotti was talking to all us I just felt so much peace come over me. Many missionaries where panicing and a little upset about the big change coming our way, but I just felt a serenity envelope me. I recieved a definate answer about this new mission and I know where the Lord wants me :) It His will be done not mine, I will just go and do what the Lord commands me to do. We find out in June about who is leaving the MIssão Campinas and who is changing so I will keep you informed haha. This whole transfer and new announcment has got me thinking alot though about my entire mission and everything that has happened. Im coming on a year now here on the mission and every mission experiences have taught me to put my whole trust in the Lord and just do as he asks. From tough companions to tough areas I have learned that everything is possible through prayer and faith and humbley accepting the Lords will. A part in my Partiarchal Blessings states "I will be a humble missionary because I understand my relationship with my Father in Heaven." I know that in all our life choices that come before us we have to humble bow our heads and offer a pray of faith... this concept and simple doctrine has been swimming around in my head all week, and today I feel prompted to share with you teh power of a faith filled prayer.
 
New mission, New area. Alot has been on my mind lately as this last week was a another prova de fé. Every house I went to they just didnt want to hear us, but I kept on treking onward. We meet some wonderful families and taught them the first vision but the follow ups lead to them not wanting to hear more. As alot of you have read during this last year there has been many times I have gotton on my knees in humble prayer unto my God and have felt the sure hands of Him wrap around me. This week I was touched by the power of a faith filled prayer. I was reading in 3 Nephi 18: 18-23 about the importance of prayer and how we have to "pray always unless we fall into the awful hands of the inamigo." Jesus teaches the simple nephites how to pray and receive knowledge from our loving Father in Heaven. Family friends do you realize that the Nephites were simple people without much knowledge? But with sincere pray and faith the LOrd teaches us that we can recieve knowlegde from with on high. In this moment I am taken back to another time in History many years later when a simple 14 year old boy without knowleged, exercised his faith in pray unto the Lord and was given some pretty neat knowledge from on high... a knowledge that changed my life and changed your life as well. Do we truely honsetly understand the power of Pray? It is pure communication with God. Jesus taught an intersesting lesson in MAtthew 21: 18-22 in this part Jesus is making His journey from Bethany to Jerusalem when he came upon a fig tree. We read in verse 18 that "Jesus was hungry" and upon approaching the fig tree noticed it bear no fruit. IN this moment Jesus condems the fig tree saying "Let no fruit grow henceforth and forever." The tree then withered and died. Peter then exclaims "Master behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away." Jesus then answers them in 21-22 saying "Verily I say unto you if you have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done unto the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believeing, ye shall receive." IN this moment the Lord teaches us that in pray faith must be present it just cant be a motion we go through it must be sincere and real. So many times unfortuantly we forget that. Yes, the fig tree was destroyed but we learned a vaulable lesson. First, that prayer without faith and never doubting will bring miracles... and second the Lord our savior Jesus christ is in fact our savior and reedemer. He is the son of God, and that He indeed had power over nature. He could change His own circumstances in any given moment but because He loved YOU He gave up His life. HE allowed those men to take and beat Him and cast Him into prison... and eventually was crucified for us... because He in fact loves you so very much.
This is my testimony to you all this day. We have tough days and we have things that are unexplainable that occur in our lifes, but through our savior Jesus Christ and His infinate love for us, that through sincere heartfilled pray, never doubting... We can overcome all things.
 
Right now this last week I gained such a testimony of this. I fill my relationship with my loving Fahter in Heaven is growing each day and each trial I face. As I mentioned I had an interview with Presidente Perrotti. ( I love him so much) It was an interseting interview as we sat and just talked. We laughed together, we cryed together and felt the power of the spirit. Presidente looked me in the eye and said "ELder Doggett, I know this new area is tough... actually toughest in the mission, nut there is a reason teh Lord wants it opened right now and wants you specifically here... ELder Doggett here in Botucatu the Lord has a wonderful thing planned for you. HE has a atribute here for you to require that will make you exactly what He wants you to be. He has something great in store for you here on the mission and after." As I heard these words tears ran down my face as I felt the Lord answer my sincer heartfilled pray. I testify to all you the Lord has a plan for all of us. Put your trust in HIm and search for His correction everyday. You can become all He knows you can. I know this to be true. Before my mission I had no idea what the future had in store for me... but know my mind is clear one my focus straight as I know in my weakness I trust in the Great Master, my Savior JEsus Christ. Who knows what will happen here in a little bit when June comes around but whatever happens I know its the will of God. I challenge you all this week to sincerley pray unto God and give him thanks for all you have and I promise you will begin to fill a piece and a love envelope you as His arms are out stretched before you. There is so much I want to say to you all but time just doesnt permit. I hope as always you could feel a part of the joy and spirit I feel everyday here In the mission. It is quite an experience. I love you all so much and I ecspecailly love my missionary service. Believe me whenI say its hard sometimes but I know the LOrd is on my side and in Him I trust completly. May God be with you all this week and I hope to hear from you all soon. I love you all and God be with you as you give Him your hearts
 
Ama Élder Benjamin B. Doggett  
 
P.s. Matt I love you so much and im so happy to be sharing this mission experience with you... you are such a strength and powerful missionary to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment