Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Matt #44

Well everyone this has been a week to remember (Like always) :) I just hope everyone knows how much I love each of you. I do need to be honest though... I was thinking about E-mails this past week and I realized that every week I try my best to sum up the experineces we're having here and the growth we feel each day but to be honest its impossible to really sum up the Mission experinces... Its just unreal how much has changed and how much time has past, but it really only just feels like I left yesterday. This week I had some pretty amazing moments as I really thought about how far we've come in this journey. I was looking through some old photos from last Christmas with all my friends. I was looking at this picture where I was standing with all my friends at a Christmas party we had at Kristins house and I just started laughing to myself as I saw the funny face Jordan was pulling while wearing his T-Shirt that had Gandolf the White on it haha, and also how Maguel never smiled when we took pictures and we always laughed about that after the pictures were taken. I than began looking at the faces of each of my friends in this particular photo and I stoped on where I was standing... I couldnt regonize the boy I used to be in this Photo, to be honest I couldnt recgonize anyone. In this moment the Spirit really touched my heart and I realized that these past 10 months has been something I would never trade for anything in the world... I'm not the same person I was ten months ok and I know that all my incredible Friends have changed as well... but thats ok. Its all part of Gods wonderfull plan for us all, to grow and change for the better... I love the Mission. Thank you everyone for your incredible E-mails. You know who you are and I love you all very much. One thing I do need to say is that I no longer can write individual E-mails to those back home without permission from my Mission President. I never realized that it can only be to family when it comes to E-mails. Luckily I can countinue to write big mass e-mails to everyone and receive E-mails from others or anyone but one it comes to individually writting (One on One) outside of my Family it must be with permission from my President. Please dont feel sad or offended but I'm just trying my best to be as obedient as I can. One thing I thought about was "Sacrifice" Remember always that sacrifice is the greatest form of Love and I truly love each of you back home... I really need to do everything I can to be more Obedient. Love you all so much and please dont stop sending E-mails... They really mean the world to me but please dont feel sad when I dont respond. Just remember that I'm always here and I'm definetly feeling your love and support through your e-mails, just remember your all doing more for me than you'll every realize. Love you all. 

As for the events of this week it was pretty speciel... I had some moments that are to personal to share but I really came to understand more about the Love our Savior has for each of us. Remember we are all Sons and Daughters of our Heavenly Father and this means that we have the Potentiel to do all things and no matter what happens its all part of Gods plan for us. Yesterday I had the Sacred Oppurtunity to be part of the Baptisms of "Clelia Aparacida de feitas" and her daughter "Agatha Aparecida de Oliveria" and "Eduardo." Yesterday Elder Larsen and I had the chance to Baptise three amazing individuals who all have incredible stories... I dont have time to share all their stories but I would like to focus a little on Clelia as she truly has a speciel place in my heart here in the Mission. My joy was overwhelming yesterday as I had the chance to step in the waters of Baptism and be part of their Baptisms. I had the chance to Baptise Clelia. Shes around 40 years old and has an amazing story I will have to share with you all once I return. We've been teaching her and her family all for awhile now because we Baptised her son Igor a few months back and after his Baptism she wanted to know more about the Church. There were many things that happened to lead to this Baptism and I cannot describe the details of her past life or the many Spiritual experinces that lead to this Baptism... But I will never forget when I helped her down into the waters of Baptism and lowered her down into the water. When she came out she had tears in her eyes and looked at me. I couldnt help but start crying as she whispered "Thank you Elder Doggie for changing my life" It was a moment I will never forget as I began walking out of the water I just couldnt control the tears from rolling down my face and Elder Larsen and I entered into the restroom afterwards and we just gave each other a hug for the wonderfull blessing the Lord gave us that day. As I was changing I thought of my Brother Elder Doggett. He wrote last week that after his Baptism he kneeled down and gave thanks to the Lord for the Blessings he had recieved. I too had a heart full of Joy and gave all my thanks to the Lord for the incredible experince. After the Baptism I had the chance to talk with Clelia later that night and she just cried and cried as she talked with Elder Larsen and I... She then said this "You know why I know this Church is True? I know this Church is true because I know my Heavenly Father truly loves me... There is no way that a False Church with False doctine could send two young man far from their homes and familys to share a message about the Love of our Heavenly Father. I know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ because I can feel the Love of our Heavenly Father when two young men speaking another laguage testify of his love for each of his Children." There where many other things that happened and many more things she said, but I just cant describe the events of this week... I wish I could talk to you all face to face about these experinces because to be honest I feel like I'm a little bad at typing good messages so please forgive me. Just remember that I love you all so much and I know this church is true. I KNOW its true... I love you all with all my heart and I cant wait to see you all again soon. Until then remember that this is the greatest experince ever and theres no other place I would rather be. My joy is full. Love you all so much! :) Love Elder Doggie

No comments:

Post a Comment