Monday, May 20, 2013

Ben #55 Change of Heart


Well what a wonderful Mothers Day we shared yesterday and what wonderful emails this morning. To all my Mom's and the women in my life that have changed and shaped me into the man am I just want to say I love you. I had the oppurtunity to share this with my mom, sisters, and friends yesterday but, once more, I truely from the deeps of my heart  want you all to know how special and dear you are to me. As we sat and talked and as I read the emails today I just couldnt help but feel a peace and joy within my heart that is overwhelming to me. Family you looked so beautiful to me and everyone of you just glowed so brightly. As I ended my session with my family, everyone of you told me you loved me, one by one. Normally I try to be strong and not cry but at this moment I couldnt hold back the tears. I know with all my heart this Gospel is real, and the great plan of salvation really does exist. As everyone of you with your big bright smiles shared this with me I was literally overcome by the spirit and felt such a love envelope me. You all are so very special to me and I hope you felt that same love from my heart to everyone of you... Last night as I returned home to my house I just couldnt help but fall on my knees in prayer and thanks for the goodness and Glory of my Father in Heaven, for blessing me the chance with so many wonderful family members and friends. It was such a special moment for me... I know familys are eternal and this Gospel really is the gateway to an eternal happiness. My God is so good to me. I cant help but feel this power and truth within my heart of all the pure blessings God has given me... How blessed I am. Once more I want to thank everyone for their emails and the power and strength you all have given unto me this day and to my amazing brother Matt. Matt what a missionary you are. What an example you are. What a strength you are... and what a brother you are to me. I was blown away and at a lose of words by how different you were. You shone with a brillance so bright. I know you are an amazing missionary and fazendo muitos milagres em seu parte de Brasil... Eu sinto muito saudade de voce mas sei agora com tudo força em meu coração nos estamos na lugar certo né?... I am so happy. :)
 
Well from the events of yesterday I feel like everything has been pretty much said and everyone in the family is caught up to date haha so I apoligize for the shortness of this weeks email. Time here in the lan house is a little short today also because a member is also going to take all us missionaries in the car up to his farm in the forset. It is a tropical place with a giant cliff and water fall over looking his farm (No pipes unfortunatly on this farm haha) but Im really excited to go up there today for p-day. Also I wanted to share something so special that I found out today. You all remember the story I shared yesterday of my crazy transfer, with me being sick, and how my investigator came and took me to the Hospital and everything? Well today she sent me an email and told me she was baptized yesterday... I was so happy and just couldnt stop crying. Botucatu was hard and sometimes I was thinking to myself if any seeds were being planted by my missionary work there... but I know without a doubt the lord prepares his children and uses us as His tools, but on His time. Im so happy she was baptized. She shared with me how she asked the zone leaders for me to come and do the Baptism but unfortunalty it would be imposible for me to make the trip. So Elder Riquerme, my son on the mission was able to do it... im so happy I cannot even describe it. This work truely is the work of God. Im so happy and content with where Im at on my mission. This last week I had an interview with President Perrotti and it was probably my last interview with him since most likely I will be going to the new mission in Piracicaba, but this day I would like to share with you a little of what he told me. President shared with me many powerful truths and answered my prayer. As I shared with you all yesterday a scripture touched my heart so profoundly these past few weeks and was weighing heavily on my mind. Its found in Alma 5:14 and reads, "And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye aspiritually been bborn of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty cchange in your hearts?" As I was waiting for the interviews I couldnt stop thinking about what Alma said. As a missionary, do I have this change within my self? Have I been Spiritually born of God? Do I have His countenance? Is my heart changed? I said a pray before entering interviews with President Perrotti that the Lord would bless me with the ability to share my thoughts in a way that President would understand. As we entered and begun the interview my mind was pressing firmly on this scripture and President could see it in my face. The spirit was so strong as I shared with him my desires and thoughts that I wanted these very things that Alma was asking us, Family and friends I shared with you yesterday briefly this experience with President but feel once more to share with you all. President shared something that I would like to focus on today and that is "Elder Doggett its your choice to have a change of heart, its your choice to have all these things that Alma taught." That was so simple but yet so powerful as those words penetrated my heart. "Its your choice." Family and friends my testimony to you all this day is in our life everything we do is our own choice, its one of the many gifts God has given us. Agency was from the begining and the only way that we can become like our savior Jesus Christ, but we must use it in the right way. As Matt shared with me and also my beautiful Mother we must choose to be happy, we must choose to follow Chirst... and we must choose to have... a change of heart. Its all in our power! Do we truely realize the potential we have in our lives? To choose the right and to become like our Savior Jesus Chirst. Please in this simple email and in these simple words ponder this in your own hearts. You can change, you can become everything your Heavenly father desires of you... but you must make the step forward. You must be the one to give Him your heart because He wont take your agency away in that manner. It is possible to become all He wants you to be I so tesify as President Perrotti testified to me.
 
I apoligize this email is quick but I pray with all my heart you all could feel my spirit and the truthfullness in these words. I know its possible to give our wholeselves to the Lord. As He promissed in Matthew 16: 25 " For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will alose his life for my sake shall bfind it." Give yourselves to the Lord... give Him your heart... Family and friends I have learned a vaulable lesson this past week and feel so much joy within my own heart. Im not perfect and have so many weakness that I need to improve but I know with every fiber in my being that the Lord will will guide me, that He will make up the rest, and give me the chance to have "this mighty cchangein (my) heart." This is my testimony to you all this day with all the love here in Brasil for everyone of you. I love my mission and I love the chance to be a representative of Jesus Chirst... Once more It was so special I had the chance to see and talk to you all and I hope that maybe you could feel my spirit and testimony of this Gospel. I know with all my heart its true and that my savior Jesus Chirst lives... I have no doubts. I love you all so much and pray that God may be with you this week as you all strive to keep the commandments and endure to the end by reading the scriptures and praying daily... and I so testify you will feel the difference and light of Chirst envelope you... within the chambers of your own heart. :) I love you and God bless you all.
 
Ama Élder Benjamin B. Doggett      
p.s. Photos of the service project I told you about where I got to use a Machete! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment